Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembrance

There is a certain feeling that I get when I think of September 11th. It can't be classified as sadness, grief, remorse, anger, or scared. I feel more overwhelmed.

There is just so much that happened in such a short time and it all happened as I was becoming an adult. At this point in my life it was hard to have "real" feelings and have them be true to the real you.

I can remember the day it happened and what exactly happened that day for me. But what is scary is that every anniversary I think of how long it has been and what has happened since then which the people will never see or experience.  

It has been seven years.  It was three days before my 13th birthday, beginning my teenage years.  Three days from today, I turn 20, beginning of my twenties. There has been so many things which happened because of seven years ago which occurred in my teens. As I turn 20, I want to remember what really matters every day and that is being able to see, smell, taste, live, experience each day. Something which people take for granted until it is taken from them. 

So every year around this time, I am reminded that life can be taken from you at any moment. I can now see those "real" feelings as I feel like I am an adult now. The sadness, grief, anger, and scared feelings hit me more and more every year. I don't know how anybody can not remember that day, but this is how I view the anniversary of September 11th, 2001.

No comments:

Flickr