Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mr. Martha Stewart

So last spring I studied abroad in Switzerland and traveled throughout Europe as much as I could. It was a surreal and amazing experience for me! I have no regrets about going and would soooo do it again if I could!
The people that I went with became the people who I spent every minute with. Of course spending time with the same people you tend to get annoyed sometimes but I have to admit. They changed me. I was able to meet them and make friends with no strings attached. They knew nothing about me before going and it was such a clean slate. Mainly because they couldnt stalk my facebook profile. haha. Anyways, I was able to gain a bunch of new friendships that I have still two months afterwards!

Which leads me to the reason I am blogging...haha
This guy who I traveled with a bunch of times and was such an enabler when it came to drinking lives down in North Carolina. He was up this past weekend to see his girlfriend who he actually met on our trip in Switz, but I wanted to see him so I decided on throwing a cocktail party!
I loooove party planning and organizing get togethers. I sometimes go overboard especially with food. Last night I made so much food from bruschetta to little chicken cordon bleu's to taco dip and other snacks. I was honored with the title, "Mr. Martha Stewart." haha. I guess it is fitting for such a good host!

But some other friends came over and we just caught up and told stories from Europe. It was really great and a lot of fun! It made me so grateful for the friends that are in my life that make it all worth while. Not just these people that came over either, I realized how great all of my friends are to me and put up with my craziness and respect me for who I am. It means the world to me. :) :)

I finish school in November but I am hoping that I will have the chance to plan a roadtrip down south to NC! I think it would be so much fun and already have a place to stay! Free lodging??? I am soo down! Plus I'd want to make a few stops along the way, like D.C. and Philly. I hope it will work out and I will have a job to pay for the trip too!! I think that's the biggest factor.

No comments:

Flickr