Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Don't Know

I don't know.


Why does everybody resort to using this phrase simply because they are too lazy, scared, confused, or just too bottled up.
I can never trust people who say this anymore because I honestly don't know if they are keeping me from the truth and playing off that they "don't know."
This just frustrates me because it comes up everyday in my life. You don't always realize it but listen to how many times you say it and think about if you really mean it.
I admit to doing it all the time and I proudly call myself a hypocrite because most times I am too lazy to explain something or speak freely.  If some random person asks me for directions I usually help them but sometimes I am just in a mood where I don't care to help so I say "I don't know." Or my mom will ask about a friend and how they are doing and I will just say "I don't know" because I really don't feel like explaining to her about this person. 
But I just hate when people say that and deep down I know that they are lying to me. I can tell...I am not stupid.
I think people use it as an escape ladder. But you wanna know something? . . . That ladder doesn't last forever. It has an end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deep Tom, deep.

Flickr