Saturday, July 19, 2008

IKEA FEVER




A few days ago, I took the hour or so trip and experienced the world of IKEA for the second time.  I was yet again amazed, excited, shocked, and bedazzled by the store.  The first time I walked into the blue & yellow store, I was in Burbank, California.
I think it was love at first sight when I was there but the hardest part was not buying anything, because there was no way I could fit a desk or something similar in my suitcase. 
With the time simmering down until I move into my new apartment in the fall, I needed to get some supplies and furniture.
I drove to the closest IKEA with my friend Jenn and we had a blast. We spent four hours in the store. Yes, FOUR. This also included a lunch in their cafeteria and of course I had to try their swedish meatballs. 
In the end, I felt guilty looking at my reciept total but justified the purchases as necessary for living. These included a throw, two bamboo shoots, trivets, assorted candles, a pot, a mini Yucca Palm Tree, fabric, a lamp, a coffee table, and a desk chair.
I took a few pictures of my purchases, including a 59 cent tarp like bag which I am so happy about. Something so cheap yet so satisfying.
I have fallen in love with IKEA and cannot wait to go back and buy more useless....necessary goodies. :D

PS. I justify my shopping at IKEA by thinking that I am supporting my heritage/family since I am 25% Swedish.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

those candles look like humungous flower pots to me. and the last picture is a classic mirror pic. nice job. my justification for buying them wouldn't be that they're necessary for living or that i'm a quarter swede, i would just say i'm 6'6" get over it. i will mess you up.

Flickr