Thursday, August 14, 2008

Book Boredom

Over the summer I always tend to tell myself that I will read a bunch of books; since I will have a lot of free time.
This plan never works out. Last year, I met this very interesting couple at work who was friends with this restauranteur in NYC. And I went out and bought his book. It was very interesting! Well the first half that is. I never finished it. I also bought a book because it was like $4 and figured I could read that. I didn't.
This year, I started off my summer season with Perks of Being A Wallflower, which I read in three days and loved it. Thanks to the recommendation of Stevie. While in LA, I asked Stevie of a good book to read while there, since I figured I'd be on the beach and wanted some reading material. So he told me about Invisible Monsters, which I bought at the UCLA bookstore and started right away. I didn't finish it until like last week. I bought it at the end of May. It took soo long for me to finish it. Not that I wasn't into the book but because I would look at the book sitting there and think, I'm not in the mood. :/
So now as the summer winds down, I am in search of another book. I have had a couple recommendations but I am skeptical about some of their synopses (sp?).
I am into reading stories with a lot of intrigue and thought provoking. 
Any suggestions???

PS. I do not wish to read Harry Potter right now. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently read 'So Yesterday' and ir is a very lovely book to read... If you have any interest in marketing and product placement, because the whole story is based upon it :)

Tom said...

oh that sounds interesting maybe ill look into it! thanks for commenting :)

Flickr