Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dinner Partayyy


So here is my update on my dinner party!:

Twas a success and everything went pretty well. I originally declared a semi-casual dress code and everybody followed directions. lol
Note: When I have a function, I get strict and have high expectations of people to follow directions and be respectful. I may sound crazy, but if I say it starts at 5:30 do not come at 5 or come at 6:30. It's 5:30. Plus, It is a DINNER party, so expect food, so don't eat before coming.

The menu I had thought of the day before and bought the stuff for it and it's so hard when you can't be really creative and funky with the menu because you don't know what people like to eat. And I would hate to have made something and have people want to eat it. But then again I can't satisfy everybody's needs.
SO I made the mini pizzas with the whole wheat dough which came out AMAZING. I was so proud of it. The sauce for the pasta was light but it was kind of bland in my opinion. It needed someone extra and I couldn't think of it.
For dessert I randomly created something that day because I had no clue on what to make. 
I took some crushed graham crackers, oatmeal, and butter as a bottom crust. Then topped it with brownie mix including walnuts and chocolate chips. I sprinkled coconut on top then swirled in come cake batter. After baking, I frosted and sprinkled it. It was pretty good, surprisingly. lol

But I love doing things like this and I am glad people showed up and had a good time. Despite it starting to rain on us. :/

PS. The people in the picture above are all that came minus Me. Left to Right: Helene, Jen, Renee, Jenn, Joey, and Brielle.
PSS. Thanks to Helene for being my Sous Chef and helping cook. :D

No comments:

Flickr